When the question is soothing your mind and body, there is nothing better than yoga for relaxing. The yoga poses for relaxation and stress management helps you draw out your muscles post tough exercises and breathing settles your overactive mind after
- Household Chores
- Dealing with your work
- School Drop-Offs &
- Catch up with your friends
Following a regular relaxing yoga routine, you can actually help yourself to a great start every morning. Here I will show you some relaxing yoga poses.
Yoga For Relaxing Your Body & Mind
Balasana (Child’s Pose)
Balasana is one of the best relaxation yoga for beginners. Follow the below-mentioned steps to start with the yoga pose.
1) Kneel on the ground. Keep your big toes touched and sit on the heels. Now split up your knees slowly as much wide as you can near your hips
2) Exhale while laying your torso amid your thighs. Widen your sacrum crossways and constrict the points of your hip in the direction of the navel to nestle down into your inner thighs. Extend your tailbone away when lifting your head from your back
3) Place your hands on the ground next to your torso with your palms up thereby releasing your shoulders towards the ground. Notice how your front shoulders drag the blades widely from corner to corner of your back
This easy pose for beginners not only is soothing but also gives a mild stretch on your ankles, hips, and thighs thereby drawing out your back.
Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Forward Bend Pose)
The very first pose of yoga for relaxing is the Prasarita Padottanasana. Here is how you can do this yoga pose.
1) Take your yoga mat and place it on the floor
2) Stand straight and slowly widen your feet on both sides at an equal distance
3) As you can see in the picture, turn your toes inwardly a bit
4) Hinge slowly at hips and fold up your upper body with head touching the mat in the forward position
5) Now bring hands down to the mat beneath your shoulders directly
6) Be in this position for some time and then softer your knees to free your neck and head as well
7) Finally get back to your first position slowly
This yoga pose stretches your back muscles, calves, and hamstrings.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana is a great pose of yoga for relaxation and stress management which is you can do following the steps mentioned here
1) Stand straight on the ground with the width of your hips at a distance. Your skull should be in one line with pelvis and chin equivalent to the ground
Note: You can practice this yoga pose keeping your upper body in different forms such as
- Joining your hands together in front in prayer position
- Keep your arms next to your corners
- Face your palms forward &
- Feel a mild stretch from shoulders to the tips of your fingers
You should this pose of yoga for relaxing in a standing position, the effects which you can enjoy specifically if you perform it on the grass. It automatically creates an immediate mild effect.
2) Join your palms towards your belly and heart, extend your breathing to activate the response of your relaxation
Advasana (Reversed Corpse Pose)
If you want to relax with yoga, Advasana can prove fruitful for the same. Here are the following steps on how you can perform the pose
1) Lie down on the ground with your arms, feet, and stomach jointly
2) Stretch both of your arms overhead with your palms in the downward position and your forehead rested on the ground
3) Relax your body right from your toes to your head
4) Remain in this position. Then relax & breathe at regular intervals
5) Now interconnect your fingers and put your palms at the backside of your neck which is termed as superior posture
You can do this for 2 minutes. Apart from relaxation, the yoga pose helps people with a stiff neck, stiff back, or slipped discs. It helps to straighten your spine.
Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
You can enjoy ultimate relaxation in yoga by doing this Baddha Konasana. This is just the best when you desire some more stretch than an Easy Pose with equal stillness. Here is how you can do yoga to relax
Note: For this yoga pose, you can either use a mat or can simply do the same on the floor.
1) Sit down on the ground or on the mat (whichever you are using) with your seating bones rooted evenly on both the sides
2) Stretch your spine and try reaching up high your skull in the direction of the ceiling
3) Connect your feet’ soles. Open wide your knees and encourage those towards the ground or mat
4) Place your hands on the arches inside your feet or your calves
5) Keep the length at the backside of your body. If your back starts rounding, ease yourself shifting your heels far off from your whole body
You can do a small modification here. Put some yoga blocks beneath your knees for removal of space amid your knees & the ground or the mat.
Marjaryasana (Cat Pose)
This pose of yoga for stress and anxiety relief is very simple to learn as well as practice. To do this, you need to
1) Sit on fours like a cat
2) Exhale while bringing your belly near your spine and lift your back in the direction of the ceiling
3) Now, discharge your head’s crown to the ground
Believe it or not but this yoga for relaxing stress pays off in the end. It also helps to cool down your muscles.
Bitilasana (Cow Pose)
Similar to the Marjaryasana, Bitilasasana is one of the best yoga asanas for mind relaxation. It is as easy as the former. Here is how you can do the pose
1) Similar to the previous yoga pose, sit on fours
2) Inhale so that you can bend your belly in the downward position to the ground
3) Now, extend your chest and chin while looking in the upward direction
Not only is this yoga for relaxation but it also massages your organs while forming emotional balance.
Try out these poses of yoga for relaxing your body and mind and I am sure you can feel better if you practice regularly.